1. What are your philosophy and strategy for sustainable production?
Ozanteks Tekstil San ve Tic. A.Ş. has adopted a policy to guide the investigations carried out to minimize the negative effects that may be given to the environment. It also supports the sustainability aspects in our company’s social and economic policies. We are structuring our sustainability report, which we have prepared in the light of the above, to make our production processes more transparent. We also prove our sustainability endeavors with the STeP by OEKO-TEX® certification and the MADE IN GREEN by OEKO-TEX® label.
2. What are your reasons for becoming STeP by OEKO-TEX® certified?
STeP stands for Sustainable Textile and Leather Production. STeP has given our company the opportunity to independently prove the approaches and policies it adopts regarding sustainable production. STeP supports not only our company but also the companies in our supply chain to deliver a more sustainable production in a transparent and public way and STeP helps to continuously improve it.
By having the STeP by OEKO-TEX® certificate we respond to our customers' demands for product quality, reliability, traceability, and sustainability at the highest levels in terms of environment and social aspects. In addition, this certificate enhances our vision and indicates that we are a world-known and world-class manufacturer.
3. Which advantages does STeP by OEKO-TEX® offer?
• STeP helps us search and find suppliers who meet the certification criteria.
• STeP supports and documents our firm's clear and comprehensive analysis of its sustainability efforts for consumers and the supply chain.
• STeP also supports our company to show our customers that we produce under fair conditions and we strive to do more than meeting legal requirements
Our company meets most of global environmental, security and social compliance requirements and the STeP certificate is a declaration of this ability and helps us to continuously meeting these requirements in a systematic manner. This has had a significant impact on our production system to be more transparent and traceable.
4. What were the challenges in getting your facilities STeP by OEKO-TEX® certified?
Since we systematically manage our production processes using management systems like ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 27001, BSCI, and ISO 50001, our transition to STeP has been relatively easy and straightforward. With STeP, we have had the opportunity to fulfil the global environmental, safety and social compliance requirements for all management systems and production processes.
5. How did you perform in the individual modules?
By obtaining this certificate, we have proven that we deliver a sustainable and traceable production in the following 6 modules:
• Chemical Management
• Quality management
• Environmental Management
• Environmental Performance
• Health & Safety
• Social responsibility
Our company has very high social responsibility and health & safety scores. We are good in the environmental and chemical management dimensions too, but we are still working very hard to improve our environmental performance further in accordance with our sustainability philosophy and environmental policies.
6. How do you comment on STeP by OEKO-TEX® compared to other industry assessment tools?
When STeP by OEKO-TEX® is compared to other certifications, it covers all modules on chemicals management, social responsibility, and environmental issues. It would be correct to say that our company expresses itself in the most transparent, accurate and traceable way thanks to STeP, which includes all these modules.
7. Why would you recommend getting MADE IN GREEN by OEKO-TEX®?
Because each product labelled with MADE IN GREEN provides complete transparency and traceability for the customer. It confirms to the consumer that the products are tested against harmful substances and produced in a sustainable and socially responsible facility.
8. What does it mean to you and your company, that your products are officially MADE IN GREEN by OEKO-TEX® labelled?
It includes successful implementation of sustainability values such as reliable supplier relationships, product quality, continuous training of employees and continuous improvement of working conditions. All these ingredients become visible to the consumer thanks to the MADE IN GREEN by OEKO-TEX® label.
9. How do you comment on your experience in working with OETI in this STeP by OEKO-TEX® certification and MADE IN GREEN by OEKO-TEX® label?
It is very beneficial to work and collaborate with OETI. We would like to state that they carry out tests and certification with great competence and problem-solving attitude and provide support for reporting. Their supportive attitudes and constructive criticisms during the audit and report preparation process made a great contribution to our company.
• Name: Ozanteks Tekstil San ve Tic A.S.
• Location: Denizli, Turkey
• Webpage: www.ozanteks.com
• Number of employees; 1300 employees
• Facility size: Large Scale Enterprise
• Products: Bathrobes, towels, sportswear, bed linen
PROVEN SINCE 1846
© 2021 OETI - Institut fuer Oekologie, Technik und Innovation GmbH. All rights reserved.