For the certification of recycled materials with STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX® different rules apply as for regular materials.
If recycled is mentioned in the article scope the following basic rules apply.
- At least 20% of the main textile material needs to be recycled
- More information about the source of the materials is requested in the application
- An effective quality management system needs to be proven. This is needed to ensure a consistent product quality
- The testing program can differ compared to virgin material. While there is no chemical test whether a material is recycled or
not, the varying source can lead to a higher testing frequency
- A separate certificate from virgin materials is needed
- Blends with virgin material are allowed when they are necessary for the manufacturing of the material
THE COMPELLING BENEFITS
- You are able to show your supply chain that you are offering recycled materials – and that they are tested for harmful substances according to STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX®.
- A hangtag informs consumers about recycling in the sense of a circular economy.
Please read complete fact sheet
Or contact us